top of page

The Hangman's Pillar

Balvenie Pillar stands tall and imposing in Tom na Croich.


The Pillar, aptly named ‘Hangman’s Knoll’, was built in 1755 by James the 2nd Duke of Atholl and overlooks the immaculate Castle gardens and dramatic mountains surrounding Blair Atholl.

Want to read more?

Subscribe to www.wittance.scot to keep reading this exclusive post.

Subscribe Now
bottom of page